Trademark Genius does not operate as a law firm. No information on our website is to be used as legal advice. Each situation can be affected by individual circumstances. We do not guarantee the approval of the USPTO, that the trademark will be protected from infringement or that any ensuing litigation will lead to a desirable outcome.
A few examples include: Apple for laptops, Sprite for soft drinks or Adidas for shoes.
Trademark Genius offers a Monthly Trademark Monitoring Service to maintain vigilance of how your mark is being used and stop infringement in its tracks. Insert service page here
The Application Process
- The mark that will be used
- Owner's/Applicant's legal name and address
- Applicant's type of legal entity
- LLC, Corporation, Sole Proprietorship, etc.
- Name and address of individual for correspondence
- A drawing of the Trademark
- The category and class(s) of your good(s)/service
- More than one class may be selected, however the more selected the more you will need to pay
- A description of your good(s)/service
- A list of goods/services to be covered by the application
- Date mark first used in commerce + date mark shared anywhere
- A copy of a specimen
- If a copy of the specimen is not available at the time of filing, Trademark Genius will send an email reminder
Trademark Genius offers an Office Action Response service to aid in responding to the USPTO and getting your Trademark back on track for registration. View details here: Office action Service
Trademark Status & Document Retrieval: https://tsdr.uspto.gov/
If you have questions regarding your status, inquiry is available in a variety of methods on the USPTO contact information page:
USPTO Contact Information Page: https://www.uspto.gov/trademarks/contact-trademarks
1. 5th-6th anniversary of Date of Filing (first Declaration of C. filed)
2. 9th-10th anniversary of Date of Filing (second Declaration of C. filed)
3. Every 10 years of Date of Filing (recurring filing moving forward)
Trademark Genius offers a Trademark Renewal service to aid in a seamless renewal and ensure your Trademark remains properly protected. Insert service page here
- Likelihood of Confusion
- Merely Descriptive and Deceptively Misdescriptive
- Geographically Descriptive and Geographically Deceptively Misdescriptive
USPTO Master List Search: https://idm-tmng.uspto.gov/id-master-list-public.html
Download Our FREEDownload Guide
* By entering your telephone number and clicking "Continue," you agree to let us follow up with you at this phone number regarding this and other services.